Thursday, November 17, 2011

'tis the season

                        Thanksgiving is a great holiday; it contains lots of family, great food, and in most cases, football. The lions always play on this holiday, regardless of how good they have been playing or not. I usually end up mingling with family, filling my face & going to bed early, for two reasons. One- I most likely went out, on the biggest bar night of the year (day before thanksgiving), and for the second reason, is that I usually have to be up early to work the extravagant shopping day, bright and early.


Black Friday marks the start for the holiday shopping season. Some people see it as the ultimate shopping day, presumed to have many great sales to kick off the holiday shopping season.

 People who work in retail, may or may not view black Friday as such an awesome day.  Although I love the holidays, I’m not the biggest fan of black Friday. I have always worked retail, therefore, I have just about always worked black Friday, usually opening shift as well. There are a lot of crazy shoppers out early that morning. Some of them can be rather ruthless, willing to do anything to save a few dollars. I understand that the economy sucks. However, there is no reason to be so animal like when entering the stores, on that morning.
Last time I checked, shopping is supposed to be an enjoyable time. They don’t call it “retail therapy,” for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment