Thursday, September 15, 2011

Michigander at heart.

I have come to realize, I take a lot of what Michigan has to offer for granted. About one month ago, I decided I was going to move to Florida, where I would finish my college degree. I made the decision because I wanted to travel, I wanted to live some where completly oposite of Michigan. I thought it could be a good change, and if it wasn't I could always come back. To this day I still want to have the experience of living in Florida. However it was definetly the wrong time to up and move accross the country. I mean, dont get me wrong, I absolutly love it there. Over the Summer I went to Florida two times, to kind of check it out(such as; apartments,schools,work,etc). I was in paradise. But I began to realize many thing I would miss and many other thoughts and concerns came to mind. So I ended up backing out and enrolling in another semester here at Delta. I decided I could one day make that move, just not right now. Once I returned back to Michigan at the end of August, I started to look at and notice things a little different. I mean obviously, I notice the climate differences, that is a given. & even though I love really hot weather, I also love the fall. Hoodie weather is always nice. I love to see the leaves change from bright green to firey red, orange, and yellow colors.  Even down to the the crisp fall air, or the crunch of the leaves when you walk over them on the sidewalk. And if it is hoodies weather, it is defintly time to pull out some fun boots! For as much as I complain about all the snow we happen to be barried under every winter, I would still miss it. I absolutly love being Up North, snowboarding, skiing, snowmobiling, sledding, tobagoning, ice fishing, and the list goes on. Yes, it really sucks driving through lots of snow every day, however, its still worth all the winter activities.    Another thing is,  I do not think I could imagine a Christmas with out snow. That is just so weird.  As well as no snow for New Years, or my birthday(Im a January Baby)?! That is just out of the question. I do have a slight problem with the winter lingering for as long as it does. But if ya hang in there long enough, well, it is back to hot humid days! There are many other factors that did help shape my decision to stay in Michigan, for the time being. I can't say I will always live in Michigan for my whole entire life. However, I do know I will always come back. Michigan is my home. It may be a little cold for some, but it is where home is. & we have the luxory of four seasons, which a lot of people cannot say. Who knows maybe one day I will move even farther than Florida, but Michigan will always have a spot in my heart.

2 comments:

  1. My childhood friend lives in Jacksonville...I get so annoyed by the pictures at the pool in February. But, she also posts photos of the thermometer at 9 am...sometimes 104 degrees-YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is rather warm, however, I think I could handle it:)

    ReplyDelete